Did you know that on wet and humid days, paper absorbs moisture and copiers can have problems printing?
Printers can jam and misfeed due to gummy or misaligned rollers.
See below handy tips from us to assist you in avoiding printer paper jams:
- Keep your paper in its packaging and store it in a dry environment.
- Use new paper or replace paper that’s moist from humidity with dry paper.
- Fan the paper to ensure the sheets aren’t clinging together before loading it into the printer’s tray.
- Straighten the stack of paper in the printer’s tray when you refill it being careful to keep the sheets aligned with the tray’s paper guides.
- Use the same kind or thickness of paper.
- Use correct printer and paper settings before you hit ‘print’ or ‘start’.
- Unfortunately, jams happen. Frustrating, yes, life threatening, no. Take a breath and follow the instructions for clearing jams on your printer’s control panel (if available) or in its User Guide.
- If all of the above does not help and your printer keeps jamming, contact your printer supplier to service your printer equipment.
You can submit a service call to us at Document Solutions in 3 easy ways:
- Log on to our website www.konicaminoltagc.com.au
- Call our friendly Service department on 1300 307 385
- Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you reading and for your help in keeping our printer equipment running!