The Schools Business Managers Association Queensland 2014 State Conference “It’s a Juggling Act” was held at Jupiters Gold Coast on the 13th-15th August 2014. This year’s conference theme was chosen to acknowledge the many and varied skills shown daily by ancillary staff leaders in our schools and how on most days they are continually juggling to ensure our schools run as smoothly as possible.
Below are some of the highlights from the successful 3 day conference:
- Dr Jim Watterston (Director General- Department of Education, Training and Employent) opened the conference and discussed future education developments.
- Pat Bryan (Director of Workforce Initiatives) shared the vital information about the Flying Start Initiative.
- Martina Sheehan shared how to use your mind to be “Wired for Leadership”.
- Andrew Horabin, Master of Ceremonies hosted the Under the Big Top Celebrations and Dinner.
- Various workshops on enhancing leadership skills, time management, goal setting and marketing our school.
- Circus Soleil Gala Dinner, SBMAQ presentation of significant achievements and school community awards.
- Magda Szubanski shared her journey to becoming a world renowned actor.
- Steve Francis shared tips on how to Juggle Jelly and 10 other strategies for making 2014 your best year ever.
- Jane Caro (Advocate for Public education) shared the 8 simple rules for Marketing your school (with no money).
- Sponsors wrap up, Giveaways and Goodbyes.
Check out some of the photo highlights from the conference. Mary Stevens (Government & Education Account Manager – Document Solutions) was at the Konica Minolta Stand with Carmel Mulholland (Education Account Manager – Konica Minolta Brisbane). They showcased our latest products with live demonstrations of:
- Konica Minolta Bizhub C654e Printer
- PaperCut MF Print Managemen Software
- 55″ Interactive LED Multi Touch Screen