The Epson WorkForce DS-780N is the most intelligent introduction into Epson’s scanner portfolio yet. This high speed sheet-fed scanner is bundled with features that will increase efficiency and productivity in the workplace.
Key among many features of the Epson WorkForce DS-780N that make it best-fit for business document scanning solutions is the ability to scan both sides of a double-sided document simultaneously and at great speed. The scanner can process documents at 45ppm / 90 ipm with a setting of 300dpi.
The Epson WorkForce DS-780N has the ability to connect to a network easily and seamlessly integrate into a business operation. Files can be shared amongst multiple user’s from one single device. Alternatively, the USB 3.0 port allows direct to PC connection.
Another fantastic feature of the scanner is the large amount of media flexibility. The scanner will support A6 to A3 size documents, including business cards. Extra-long paper can be easily scanned to one file.
Featuring Epson ReadyScan LED Technology, the scanner is built with the environment in mind. It is a mercury free device with low heat dissipation, low power consumption and virtually no warm up time, meaning that within one second of switching on, it’s ready to use making it a time efficient scanning solution for the workplace.
Ultrasonic double feed detection technology provides assurances that every page is scanned. The technology works by sensing if more than a single page has been accidently fed in and the scanner will automatically stop the paper feeding so as to avoid missing pages. This feature enables reliable performance for continuous scanning
The Epson WorkForce DS-780N with built-in networking is the perfect solution for creating a scanner fleet. Epson’s Document Capture Pro 2.0 software offers complete control and security, allowing job, group device and access protocols to be managed centrally. User authentication can be enabled via pin-code, third party IC card or user directory (LDAP), with a lockable control panel to prevent tampering. Pre-defined job profiles help ensure scans are sent to the correct loctions.
- Exceptional Speed – 45ppm / 90 ipm1 scan speeds for fast and productive scanning means that documents can be stored and or shared efficiently.
- Intuitive colour LCD touchscreen – allows easy job creation without the need to access a computer.
- Scan directly to popular cloud services – scan to Sharepoint®, Dropbox™, Evernote®, Google Drive®. PC and Mac® compatible.
- Scan to searchable PDF’s – scan and edit documents; save scanned documents as PDF files. The included OCR software included means that documents can be scanned and saved as text-searchable PDF files, dramatically improving the ability to search and successfully locate information contained in scanned and stored documents.
- Advanced colour and image adjustments – featuring Colour Enhance, Colour Dropout, automatic paper size detection for innovative and productive document management. A3 sized documents which are folded in half can be scanned and stitched together so that it is one complete image or file.
- Versatile paper handling – the 100 sheet ADF will scan stacks business cards and extra-long paper.
- Connect to document management software – TWAIN and ISIS drivers for seamless integration between the scanner and custom built business applications
- Powerful Duty Cycle – Scan up to 4,000 sheets per day.
Mac OS 10.7.x, Mac OS 10.8.x, Mac OS 10.9.x, Mac OS X, Mac OS X 10.6.8, Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 7 x64, Windows 8, Windows 8 (32/64 bit), Windows 8 RT, Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 x64 Edition, Windows Server 2008 (32/64bit), Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 (64bit), Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows server 2003 R2, XP Professional x64 Edition.
1 Based on letter sized scans at 300dpi in Black-and-white, Greyscale or Colour Mode.
2 With Epson Document Capture Pro software installed on the Windows PC or Mac.